Many people assume that Old.New.Blue. plans, coordinates and executes really great weddings, but ONLY weddings. Not so! Old.New.Blue. is a social event planning company and delights in planning social events of every kind. Deb parties, Sweet 16's, special birthdays or holidays, anniversaries, etc. We happily plan everything from a private chef centered dinner for 8 to Dinner, Dancing and Delights for 1,000. It's all great fun for us!
We are blessed to be able to share in the "Life Events" of others. We also make sure to count our blessings by reaching out to the community that is so good to us. One of the ways that Old.New.Blue. reaches the community is by planning and executing social events for non-profit organizations. We do these events at a greatly discounted rate and assist with all aspects of the event, including staffing and (dare I say it) coordinating an auction. Giving thanks and giving back is at the core of what Old.New.Blue. as a company stands for. We love our community, our city, and our state and are happy to assist with fundraising events whenever we can.
In the spirit of giving back, I'd like to take a moment to share how you can give back to the community and make a big impact with very little effort. When planning your next event, I would like for you to consider the following ideas:
- If you've already got a house full of everything you need, consider listing one or more of your favorite charities on your wedding website in lieu of a gift registry.
- Instead of individual favors handed out at your wedding, make a donation to your favorite charity and past a note in a frame that simply says "Thank You for celebrating with us. In lieu of a favor we have made a donation to (your favorite charity) in honor of our friends and family who have made this day so special!" Take a look at my Pinterest board titled "non-profit" for some good ideas!
- Ask friends who want to host "yet another" shower to instead organize a day with Habitat for Humanity for everyone in the wedding party. You'll be starting off your new life together by helping to make the lives of others better.
Milestones, Birthdays, or celebrations:
- Let everyone know that you would prefer a donation to your favorite charity rather than a gift.
- Follow the advice given in #2 on the list for wedding couples
- Organize a community activity such as a Bingo game hosted at a nursing home and invite friends and family in honor of your upcoming celebration.
Listed above are just a few ways that you can help others while celebrating with friends and family during life's joyous events. The joy you will feel from the act of kindness you put forth is often the best gift you will receive!